In 1847, Alamo, TN was known as Cageville. Cageville's first merchant serves as its namesake, Licurgus Cage. By 1845 the town had been laid out and in 1869 Alamo replaced Cageville as a memorial to Davy Crockett, and those who died at the Battle of the Alamo. Alamo was incorporated in 1911.
Alamo is located 3 miles off of Highway 412 in Crockett County, TN. Alamo has a great Pre-K through 6th grade elementary school, wonderful churches, and an atmosphere of raising strong, healthy families. Alamo is in the heart of West TN and a great place to live.
While Alamo has its share of small southern town charm, its proximity to Jackson, Dyersburg, Memphis and Nashville makes Alamo a great choice to call home. Alamo is a small town of approximately 2,460 residents. Alamo has been called the boutique of the mid-south, due to the many boutiques located here.
The coordinates for Alamo are 35° 47'3" N by 89° 6'57" W and consist of 2.2 square miles of all land with an average population of 2,460.
***** CHECK OUT OUR COMMUNITY PAGE FOR EXCITING NEWS FROM THE TOWN OF ALAMO*****